For 2021, Meron Yemane of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (pictured) will serve as board chair for the Chamber, while Mike Funck of Wohlsen Construction will serve as the chair of CREDC.
“We are fortunate to have bold leaders that step up to serve our organization and push it forward in the face of new challenges,” said David Black, president and CEO of the Chamber and CREDC, in a statement. “We know Meron and Mike share our visionary mission of building a better region, and they will help us move toward that goal in 2021.”
The Chamber and CREDC also announced their officers for the year.
For the Harrisburg Regional Chamber:
- 1st Vice Chair: Greg Gunn, Gunn-Mowery
- 2nd Vice Chair: Karen Gunnison, Capital BlueCross
- Treasurer: Zachary Khuri, Orrstown Bank
- Secretary: Kara Beem, Greenlee Partners
- At-Large Member: Alisa Harris, UGI
- 1st Vice Chair: Casey Khuri, NAI/CIR
- 2nd Vice Chair: Wade Becker, RKL LLP
- Treasurer: Katie Clarke, LeTort Trust
- Secretary: Shawn Leppo, McNees, Wallace & Nurick
- At-Large Member: Beth Peiffer, Ralph E. Jones
Among the issues facing the Chamber and CREDC this year is the appointment of a new president and CEO, as Black plans to retire in mid-2021 after two decades in the position.
“I am proud to be involved in the Chamber and its advocacy of our community’s people and businesses, which is the true fabric of our region,” Yemane said. “The chamber remains steadfast in its commitment to be a catalyst for a more equitable community, enhance quality of life, create business opportunities and provide necessary and innovative resources to its businesses and individuals throughout the region.”
For more information about the Harrisburg Regional Chamber and CREDC, visit their website.
Support quality local journalism. Become a Friend of TheBurg!