The Art Association of Harrisburg soon will reinstate a range of in-person events, following a lengthy pandemic-related suspension.
Starting next month, the association plans a host of live summertime activities, including a new exhibit and several arts-related fundraising soirees, capping off the season with the annual Gallery Walk in September.
“Although the Art Association has been open for visitors and classes since last summer, we haven’t held any receptions and events for a year and a half,” said AAH President Carrie Wissler-Thomas. “We are delighted to welcome everyone to attend one or more of our events this summer!”
Last year, AAH had to cancel most of its activities due to the pandemic.
In-person events kick off with a garden reception on July 16, 5 to 8 p.m., to mark the opening of the 93rd Annual Juried Exhibition. The reception, hosted by Cumberland Financial Group, will feature music by Jonathan Frazier.
The exhibit features works by artists across the United States and runs through Sept. 2.
In August, AAH will hold three of its popular summer soirees:
- On Aug. 7, Kevin Hancock hosts the first soiree at his Uptown Harrisburg home with artists Joanne Landis, William Kocher and Brian Eppley.
- On Aug. 14, Dr. Robert Ettlinger hosts the second soiree at his home on the west shore, with photographer Michelle DiNicola and plein air painters Jonathan Frazier, Steve Wetzel and Susan Benigni-Landis.
- On Aug. 22, Marc Kurowski will host the third soiree at the King Mansion on Front Street in Harrisburg, with artists Peg Belcastro, Mary Hochendoner, James Rowland and Matthew Seagrist.
All soirees are $45 in advance, $50 at the door.
The 33rd annual Gallery Walk winds up the summer art season on Sept. 12. Nineteen venues are slated to participate in the art walk that runs from Shipoke through Midtown.
Other summertime events at AAH include:
- Summer art classes for both youth and adults, which begin the week of July 12.
- A “Psychic Gallery” with William Stillman on Saturday, Sept. 18.
For more information on these events, including reservations for the soirees, visit www.artassocofhbg.com or call 717-236-1432.
If you like what we do, please support our work. Become a Friend of TheBurg!