George Nahodil has been named the 2021 Catalyst Award winner, as the Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC today announced its annual list of people and organizations serving as positive forces for our area.
Nahodil, CEO and president of Members 1st Federal Credit Union, is one of eight awardees for the prestigious award.
“We are incredibly proud to honor this group of individuals and businesses for their commitment to our region,” said Ryan Unger, president and CEO of the Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC. “This past year and a half has been challenging for everyone, and this group of individuals and businesses were able to step up and represent the best that our community has to offer.
In addition, to the Catalyst Award itself, the chamber and CREDC announced the winners of additional awards under the Catalyst framework. The honorees are:
- Athena Award: Lisa Stokes, owner and president, B.R.P. Entertainment
- Corporate Diversity Champion of the Year: Gannett Fleming, Inc.
- Diversity Influencer of the Year: McNees Wallace & Nurick’s Task Force for the Legal Equity Advancement Program
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Amma Johnson, owner and designer, AJ Brands LLC
- Government Leader of the Year: Tim DeFoor, Pennsylvania Auditor General
- Small Business of The Year: Macris Chocolates
- Volunteer of The Year: Karen Young, founder and president, HR Resolutions, LLC
Each year, a panel of local business and community representatives selects the recipients, according to the chamber.
In 2018, TheBurg received the Catalyst Award.
The annual Catalyst Awards ceremony will take place on Dec. 14 at the Hilton Harrisburg and is open to the public. For more information and tickets, visit www.HarrisburgRegionalChamber.org.
If you like what we do, please support our work. Become a Friend of TheBurg!