Arthur, the food bank’s executive director, is being recognized for his work locally and nationally in fighting hunger, especially responding to unprecedented demand during the COVID-19 pandemic and related economic crisis.
“In response to an incredibly unprecedented year, we are proud and grateful for the many ways we’ve seen businesses and individuals in the community step up to help others,” said David Black, president and CEO of the Harrisburg Regional Chamber & CREDC. “There are countless organizations that deserve recognition for going above and beyond to support our region, and we hope to highlight some of those visionaries at our Catalyst Awards.”
Arthur will receive the Catalyst of the Year award, which each year honors a person or organization that serves as a catalyst for positive change in the greater Harrisburg area. In 2018, TheBurg received the Catalyst award.
Other 2020 awards and winners include:
- Athena Award to Sharon Ryan of Dasher Inc. for mentoring women in all stages of their careers.
- Business Diversity & Inclusion Champion Award to George Fernandez of Latino Connection for his service and dedication to Pennsylvania’s Latino communities.
- Corporate Citizen of the Year Award to Highmark Blue Shield for their response during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Entrepreneur of the Year Award to Todd Phillips of True Legends Barbershop for his dedication to the community and mentoring of Black youth.
- Small Business of the Year Award to Viscul Creative for their innovation in the field of food and beverage in response to the pandemic.
The Chamber & CREDC will host the Catalyst Awards virtual ceremony on Wednesday, Dec. 9. The event will begin at 3:30 p.m. Tickets are available at HarrisburgRegionalChamber.org.
Photo courtesy of Central PA Food Bank.
Support quality local journalism. Become a Friend of TheBurg!