What do you love about the Burg?
That’s what we asked nearly all of our podcast guests over the past year. But—surprise, surprise—we saved the audio for this bonus Valentine’s Day episode.
Nearly 25 guests share their stories about Harrisburg and what makes this Pennsylvania city so livable—and lovable.
Hosted by Lawrance Binda, editor of TheBurg; and Karen Hendricks, host of TheBurg Podcast.
Guests, sharing the love for Harrisburg, include:
- Joe Arthur, Central Pennsylvania Food Bank
- Amie Bantz, Harrisburg-based artist
- Linda Beck, Harrisburg, of Braver Angels
- Karen Cotter of Better Angels
- Sheila Dow-Ford, Impact Harrisburg
- Dani Fresh, Harrisburg-based photojournalist
- Phil George, area artist and radio personality
- Cindy Gorski, Harrisburg Bicycle Club
- Wendell Hoover, Iron Valley Real Estate
- Andrea Karns, Karns Quality Foods
- Peter Leonard, Little Amps Coffee
- Sam Levine, Red Door Consignment Gallery
- Blake Lynch, Harrisburg Bureau of Police
- Bob MacGinnes, Bob’s Art Blog for TheBurg
- Diane McCormick, Harrisburg, freelance writer for TheBurg
- Jason Meckes, Visit Hershey and Harrisburg
- Jennie O’Neill, Knead Slice Shop
- Susan Ryder, freelance writer for TheBurg
- Deb Schell, Harrisburg, freelance writer and photographer
- Alice Anne Schwab, Susquehanna Art Museum
- Angie & Trevor Spencer, Marathon Training Academy
TheBurg Podcast introduces you to some of the Harrisburg area’s most fascinating people, through their own authentic stories, expanded from every month’s magazine–because there’s always “more to the story.” TheBurg Podcast is released monthly on the second Friday of every month. It is hosted and produced by Karen Hendricks, a lifelong journalist who also dabbles in PR/Marketing. Visit her website here.
Support quality local journalism. Become a Friend of TheBurg!