Obviously, don’t go anywhere.
It’s all a bunch of Sundays now. At least that’s what it feels like to me. I’m doing laundry, cooking, entertaining my toddler, eking in some work here and there.
So far, I’ve made banana bread, used my slow cooker three separate times (homemade applesauce, pork and sauerkraut, Tuscan Bean Lemon Kale Soup).
I’ve also written a couple posts on working from home because I’ve been doing it for more than eight years. Check ’em.
It’s a good time to check-up on your houseplants or order some garden supplies. Both Ashcombe and Highland Gardens will be open in limited capacity and will provide delivery or curbside service.
Feel like shopping? Lots of local vendors have an online shop (or opened one) and would love your support. I love love love Stash Vintage (see deals below) and Fennec Design, both of whom I’ve purchased lots of goodies from.
The only events actually “happening” this weekend:
- Sitting at Home Staring Out the Window – from now til eternity
- AM/FM Live Stream Concert & Covid-19 Alternative – Friday
- Midtown Cinema [Virtual] Movie Club – 2 p.m. Friday
- Harrisburg Sketchers 6 Ft Outdoor Sketching – 10 a.m. Saturday at Soldier’s Grove
Ways to support local businesses:
BEER AND SPIRITS TO-GO SALES, ETC.
Boneshire Brew Works
4-7 p.m. for 4-packs and growler sales
Tattered Flag Brewery & Still Works
- Middletown (food, to-go beer, spirits, canned cocktails) – 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Hershey (bottled spirits, canned cocktails) 4-7 p.m.
- Gettysburg (Beer, spirits, canned cocktails) 4-7 p.m.
Online cider sales now available.
Save 20% with code LAUNCH; free shipping on 6 or more bottles
MoMo BBQ Co.
Open for take-out and limited delivery, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
R.G. Hummer Meats & Cheese
Open normal Broad Street Market Hours (See more below)
Open for take-out and limited call-in delivery
Call 717-216-8754 or use GrubHub
Broad Street Market
Open normal hours; limited customer entry; some vendors closed – BUT – many offering online delivery
- Raising the Bar Bakery – delivery available; order online
- Sweet717 – delivery available; order online (local delivery is free!)
- JB Kelly Seafood – open normal hours; delivery available
- Radish & Rye – curbside + delivery options available
- Full list of open vendors – Check individual stores/retailers for online/curbside/delivery options
7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily for carryout
Limited food menu available
Sophia’s at Walden
Hours vary for take-out, curbside and delivery (within 3 miles) only; lunch and limited dinner only
There are more restaurants doing pick-up/delivery — check-in with your favorites; many are choosing to close.
HOW TO GET WINE
Curbside pickup available at Brogue, Stewartstown, York – call for details
Order online here
Cassel Vineyards of Hershey
1-5 p.m. Friday and Saturday for pick-up.
Order online – Free shipping on 12 bottles or more with code FREESHIP
Free shipping and curbside pickup – Order online
Midtown Scholar Bookstore
10% BONUS on gift cards through the end of March – You can use it immediately here, plus SAVE 10% on used books with code SCHOLARSALE
Shop new books through affiliate BookShop
Shop online via Etsy
All local orders free pickup or free delivery (over $35)
Save 25% off your purchase of 2 or more items online
Purchase a gift card (with BONUS 10% when you buy now) or renew your membership now to keep them going, then reap the benefits of your purchase once they reopen!
Secure a future movie night for two – with two tickets, two small popcorns, two small sodas, and two bags of candy!
Stay home (as much as possible) + stay healthy!